Notable updates are posted here:
- March 8, 2021: Corrected some things on the Vertical Scaling page (thanks Sik):
- Removed the statement “sprites cannot be vertically scaled.” Vertical scaling is technically possible with sprites since the sprite table can be updated each scanline.
- The examples from Castlevania: Bloodlines and Battle Mania 2 don’t really show vertical scaling–nothing is being scaled. They work according to the same principle, though–mid-frame updates to VSRAM. In each example, sections of a plane are being vertically scrolled independently of other sections, something we can visualize as cutting and shifting.
- March 5, 2021: Added a new page on Sprite Raster Effects.
- March 1, 2021: Initial version of guide released.
Want to post a comment? You can do so here.